Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 5


03/05/12 - Low Gap Shelter - 43.2 miles


This morning we waited for the Neels Gap store to open, then opted for the pack shake down.  It was a very humbling / sad experience.  I dropped 8 lbs. total... including my camera and my GoPro, along with many other little things I felt like I should have kept.  But when I put that pack back on, I could feel it.  And it felt so good.  I also got a knee brace, and it made a huge difference.  Today, Anna and I did about 11 miles, and the last 4.5 were done in about 2 hours.  We got a late start (eating hiker heaven food and drinking Diet Coke and OJ) so we wanted to push ourselves to try and make up time.  Now our tents are pitched down from the shelter by a nice babbling brook.  It's cold and peaceful.  Thank you, Lord.

***


1 comment:

  1. Enjoying each entry Micah. I have enjoyed all your various videos and must say that I am jealous of your photographic ability and the way you put things together on video. My wife Carol and I have been hiking for the last 6 years and just now have started a hiking blog for family, friends and folks here in Southern Oregon. It is tablerocktrekker.blogspot.com Look forward to revisiting your Appaclachian trail hike of a year ago.

    Glenn Pitcairn

    ReplyDelete