Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Day 19

03/19/12 - Silers Bald Shelter - 194.3 miles

Tenting again, along with Chief.  Large group of people at the shelter.  We were debating a night/early morning hike to Clingman's Dome for sunrise, but I think we may just stay put 'til morning.  One of boyscout leaders offered us food in the morning!  ::KitFox says "hi!"::  Also risking a night without my rain fly.  Could be a disaster.  Just saw our first deer as we were hanging our bear bags.  It was not afraid of us at all!  No bears yet...

***

The "boyscout leader" who offered us food, was actually not a boyscout leader, but a father out on a trip with his two sons.  I will share more about them in a few days... when we experienced, what I believe, was a divine second meeting.

2 comments:

  1. Do things within asterisks ** mean they are from the time you're recounting your journal entry, or are they from the original time when you were writing?
    ... 'Cause I want to know when KitFox says "hi." :)

    I like this day-by-day AT update from a year ago, bro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... good call. I'm changing it. Asteriks mean it was an addition to the entry (usually the following morning after we woke up). ::KitFox says "hi!":: means that KitFox literally just said, "Tell them I said hi" while I was writing in my journal.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete