Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Day 90

05/29/12 - Ed Garvey Shelter - 1,023.6 miles

This morning Anna and I walk into the continental breakfast, and there is Rocky and Sunshine!  I couldn't believe it.  We talked a lot throughout the day, and it was great to catch up.  We are now in Maryland... our last southern state.  This is getting exciting.

***

One of my biggest regrets while hiking the Trail was not taking more photographs of the PEOPLE.  I have a handful, but I wish I had photos of every single person we met, because each person made such an impact on our hike.

We had not seen Rocky and Sunshine since before entering the Smokies.  We caught up at breakfast, got lunch with them, and hiked with them during the day.  But this would be the last time we would see them.  And there is not a single photograph of us together.

That's one of the funny things about hiking the Trail.  Rocky and Sunshine were at the shelter with us that first night on Springer Mountain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment