Thursday, May 23, 2013

Day 84

05/23/12 - Pass Mountain Hut - 936.9 miles

Our first BEAR!!  He was a little fuzzle guy right on the Trail.  Anna almost walked right by him.  I saw him and like usual, assumed he was a log/rock.  My heart skipped a beat when I saw his little head looking right at me.  I couldn't believe it.  There was a ranger guided walk going on that we had also starred in, so they came up after us and saw him, too.  A little bigger than a cub, but still pretty small.  Fuzzle bear!  Now I just need a blackberry milkshake and my Shenandoah experience will be complete.  Tomorrow = milkshake.  Also, walking on ridgelines in thunderstorms is no fun.  But what else is new?

***

Fuzzle.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I went to find your trailjournals journal, because (being a 2012 hike) I thought I would find a finished journal. As happens when following along in "real" time, Mama Goose's journal has abruptly stopped, tho I know from Facebook that she is still hiking strong. Now my second vicarious adventure is on hold, lol!

    If you need help transcribing, I volunteer. Seriously! :) I've transcribed for hikers on trailjournals during their hike, and I'd be happy to help with your online documentation. I don't know if this blog gives you an email addy, so you can use denise dot martin at facebook dot com.

    ReplyDelete