Saturday, July 13, 2013

Day 135

07/13/12 - Baker Peak - 1,658.9 miles

Met a nice elderly man today in the café.  Small talk as we were getting a refill of coffee.  Then he says, "Well, I'm taking you back to the Trail."  Big fan of hikers and really nice.  Married to his wife for 65 years.  We got rear-ended on the way back, but he didn't seem to mind.  Once back on the trail, I began to struggle.  It's always difficult for me to make those climbs out of town.  The last few miles to camp were especially tough for me.  So tired and hungry.  Set up camp, and my tent zipper is officially broken.  Sleeping with a slit tonight.  Mosquitoes and flies have been really bad today.

***

Favorite breakfast of the Trail.

1 comment:

  1. Love the photo of your favorite breakfast on the Trail. I noticed the cookie and it reminded me of your childhood. After breakfast you would always ask for dessert!

    ReplyDelete