Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Lost Spectacles

Last week, my brother and I went for a little hike up to Chasm Lake in the Park.  Good hike.  Not so good weather.  But it was good enough to take a quick dip in the pristine alpine lake (at least for myself... my brother was not convinced).  Well, on my second dip (for the first dip was simply not enough) my glasses came off my face.  I immediately tried to grasp them, but they slipped through my fingers and settled on the rocky lake bottom.  I was only about ten feet from shore and in water five feet deep, but the water was frigid.  After several attempts to retrieve them, I had to abandon hope.  Thunderstorms were approaching, and the lake water was simply too cold to keep looking.

The spectacles were lost.

But I had a plan to revisit the Lake.  One week later, I stuffed a pair of borrowed scuba goggles into my pack (with plenty of warm clothes) and headed back into the alpine tundra.

Operation LOST SPECTACLES had commenced.

Week 1


Week 2

4 comments:

  1. Spectacular spectacles salvaging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg. Such fuzzy, itchy chippys. I love them! lol. Bring 8 of them home for me and my cats to play with. Also, I am amazed by you. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the music !! Great footage, once again, and the story was well told. Thank you, God, for the window of crystal clear waters for the mission of "Lost Spectacles" to be accomplished in a very timely matter. One dive, that's all :) Thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab video/music combo. Glad you got your specs and we got to see the lake again. I would love to attempt the hike there when we visit again in the Fall. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete