Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 166

08/13/12 - Crocker Cirque Campsite - 1,988.7 miles

Tough.  This is tough.  Anna is not feeling well.  Hoping and praying it's not "the sickness."  One day at a time.  We were both feeling a bit nauseous last night going to bed.  I think it was too much butter for me... but Anna says she's feeling worse now.  Today was beautiful, but again difficult.  Beautiful but brutal.  Also, a mouse chewed through my food bag last night while it was hanging.  It must have either climbed down the rope or jumped from a far away branch.  I think it also used echolocation to zero in on my Peanut M&Ms because it was like a direct hit the way it got into those.  We saw Seeks It again this morning.  Such a cool, encouraging guy.

***

I have mentioned Seeks It in a previous blog post after he finished his double thru-hike of the AT in 2012.  We had the privilege of running into him several times up in Maine, and as I mentioned briefly in my journal, he always encouraged us with each passing.  He is a gifted writer and a genuine human being.  I encourage you all to check out his current blog posts and catch up on his amazing Appalachian journey.

Seeks It reaches his finish line, November '12

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to "Seeks It" blog. Absolutely great reading!

    ReplyDelete