Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 113

06/21/12 - Pochuck Mountain Shelter - 1,344.4 miles

Another HOT day.  Sunrise to sunset.  HOT.  Hiked 7 miles into Unionville.  Pizza and [expensive] sodas, ice cream, and Sbux energy drinks.  It was still hot even inside these buildings.  Left town and enjoyed a scenic but sweaty hike.  Anna and I both got bit by 2 direwolves (some breed of shepherd, I think).  This guy had 6 dogs... all off their leash.  The dogs come charging towards us.  "Don't worry, they're nice!" he says.  Never have those words brought me comfort in regards to dogs.  They bit Anna on the elbow and me on the hand as we were just trying to continue hiking.  Playful bites... but still.  Not cool.  I'm going to "unleash" hell when I get back to Kennesaw Mountain and see people with their dogs off leash.  Anyways... We stopped at an abandoned house for water.  It was a legit water source, but so weird.  Definitely straight out of The Walking Dead.  Well, except for the zombies.  Mmmm... brains!

***

0 comments:

Post a Comment