Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 102

06/10/12 - Eagle's Nest Shelter - 1,202.7 miles

Ouch, Charlie.  Rocks hurt.  And slow you down.  We took a two hour siesta today in the middle of the heat.  I think it helped, but it's hard to say.  It was just so hot.  Just a couple miles short of camp, I felt sweat on my face and wiped with my hand.  Felt something sticky.  Looked down at my hand and saw orange slimy grub guts.  Part of it went in my mouth.  Grossest thing to happen to me on the Trail thus far.  Blech.  Tomorrow, resupply at Walmart and maybe Dunkin' Donuts and Taco Bell!!

***

This, in truth, WOULD be the grossest thing to happen to me on Trail.  Orange slimy grub guts in my mouth.

1 comment:

  1. Your Grandpa Goldberg (his birthday is June 10th) would have been totally grossed out. His nickname was "Antiseptic Lou" and I'm sure that orange slimy grub guts in the mouth would have freaked him out. The reason I mention this is... you are named after your grand father and if he were alive to share in your adventure,he would have commented big time on this entry. In fact... I'm pretty sure that he would be following your blog on a daily basis. Yep... orange slimy grub guts... pretty disgusting. Ouch, Charlie.

    ReplyDelete