Tuesday, October 4, 2011

ThunderAwakening

Photo by Anna Tucker
 
Woke up this morning to a thundering rainstorm.
I love that.  Especially on days off.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing for these days off.
I think I may camp somewhere nearby, just so I can sleep outside in another potential downpour.  It's refreshing to be outside during a rainstorm.

I'm reading a book right now called Three Hundred Zeroes: Lessons of the Heart on the Appalachian Trail.  It's another refreshing read that's getting me excited for our thru hike in a couple months.  Every day I think about it and am looking forward to probably the most challenging hike of my life.

Walking from Georgia to Maine.

I can hardly wait to begin that adventure.

A few months ago I posted this video someone had made of their thru hike.  It's one of the best I've seen, and I challenge you to try and stop watching it once you press play.

Green Tunnel from Kevin Gallagher on Vimeo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment