Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Patch Of Autumn

A journey into the higher regions shows that Autumn is on its way.  The aspen leaves are beginning to change from green to bright yellow, and other trees are boasting their oranges and reds.  It is a welcoming sign that excites me.

It can still be hot here in the desert, but our average highs are getting cooler, and soon Autumn will reach us in the desert, as well.

This season especially reminds me of home: the crunchy leaves, morning frosts, cozy fires and hot coffee.  It will be interesting to see the transition of Summer to Autumn in the desert and compare that to the familiar Georgia Autumns I know and love.

Here's to crunchy leaves and cacti colliding.

A patch of Autumn

2 comments:

  1. Micah...

    I attributed this small, beautiful patch of yellow aspen leaves amongst healthy, summer like green leaves everywhere else, to that of a damaged branch. But... I zoomed in on your photo and the branch supporting these leaves seems to be unharmed. ~ How God changes His creation between seasons is a mystery at times and wonderful to behold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Wes*
    Uncle Wes, I didn't even think about that! Something I'll keep an eye out on future seasonal transition hikes. I always appreciate your insightful commentary :)

    ReplyDelete