Saturday, September 27, 2014

Soukkala Life circa 1950

The past few months I've been in the process of transferring all of our family's old home movies to digital format.  It's been such a trip seeing all of this old footage of special occasions and daily life.  I'm so thankful (so, so thankful) for all the footage my parents took just of our daily life.  I find it absolutely fascinating and precious.

The other night I was reviewing some older footage (from my grandparents) while listening to music, and a particular piece of music came on that just seemed to fit so perfectly with what I was watching.  I had to share my experience with you guys.  The following is a snippet of Soukkala (my mom's family) life circa 1950 in Warrenton, Oregon.  There is so much more awesome footage, but I just added the music to this particular clip and left all the original editing alone.


0 comments:

Post a Comment