Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sky Pond with the Friddles












"What?!" I shout over the howling wind.
"I said, this is the most adventurous thing I've ever done!" Micah repeats as he clings to the edge of Timberline Falls, wind and rain pounding our faces.  Sarah's poncho flaps uncontrollably as she descends the precarious cliff, step by careful step.
"Awesome!"  I shout back.

Music to my ears.

I'm so happy my sister (Sarah) and brother-in-law (Micah) were able to make it out to Colorado for a few days of adventure in Rocky Mountain National Park.  It was so much fun hanging out with them.  I'm glad they were able experience a slice of the Rocky Mountains.

By the time we made it back to the trailhead, we were all soaked to the bone.  It was definitely time for a hot meal and a cold brew.


2 comments:

  1. Micah, when we went to RMNP last year we too hiked that same trail to Alberta Falls. We then hiked a connector trail to Bear Lake and hiked the trail out to Nymph, Dream and Emerald Lakes. Looks like you did a loop and went out to Sky Pond after Alberta Falls and caught the other lakes on the way back. Amazing beauty in RMNP. Hope you are having a great summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the story behind the video. Excellent as always, son. We all look forward to ..."What will Micah do?" with a video after each and everyone of our adventures. Your gift is priceless .

    ReplyDelete