Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Blood and Sand

"Remember, pain is temporary, film is forever."
- Peter Jackson

I'm so thankful my mom and dad got to come out and visit and hike around for a few days with me.  It was an exhilarating and challenging trip up to Thunder Lake, and I'm still madly impressed by my parents for doing such a great job coming straight from Georgia elevation and hiking up to over 10,000 feet.

My brother came on his own about a week later, and what an adventure that was!  I love my little brother, and I always have the best time with him.  I'm also glad we didn't die.

Below are the two videos documenting each adventure.  See if you can notice a difference in the level of danger between the two...





I'm also really looking forward to having my BEST FRAND come visit next week, followed by my seester and brother-in-law in September.

Adventure is out there!

2 comments:

  1. Ok your parents video.....hiking with the family. But with your brother......the music made me feel like we were at the Shire with Frodo & friends! Nasty wipeout too!! That wasn't a trailer for the next movie in the series was it????? Are those dunes or sand hills in RMNP??? Hope you are feeling better and if it takes a week or two for you to be able to type an answer due to injuries, we understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micah... You know how much Dad and I enjoyed every minute of our hike up to Thunder Lake. I can say that now because we DID IT and I watch your video and just smile. I am so thankful that I can still climb a mountain and will continue to do so as long as I can. Now... as far as your adventures with Ben... I worry about you two. I am really, really thankful that you lived to tell your tale!!! Please be careful. Love you forever... Mom

    ReplyDelete