Thursday, February 23, 2012

One Week Away

One week from now, Anna and I will be asleep in our tents having completed our first day on the AT.

It is a surreal feeling of anticipation and excitement and nervousness.  The feeling sometimes causes me to catch my breath.

Six months on a trail is a long time.  Think about what you have done in the last six months.  Probably lots of various things revolving around busy schedules and meetings with different people.  Maybe you've taken a trip or two.  Started a new job.  Met new friends.

Think back six months and remember what you were doing.  Now imagine that instead of doing that, you had just started to walk.  You walked and walked day after day after day up until this point right now.

What a different six months that would have been.

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you both! I'll be reading every post from a far off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what your first shabbat will be like on the trail? I look forward to reading all about your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant wait to read your adventure! Its a step down from being there with you. Its gonna be great!

    ReplyDelete