Saturday, February 11, 2012

Hiking Baristas

My fellow Starbucks partners and I hiked Kennesaw Mountain today.
It was a blustery and cold morning with dark clouds on the horizon.
As we were leaving the car, snow flakes began to flutter across our path.
We quickly warmed up as our bodies pushed uphill and onto the mountain.
The higher we climbed, the stronger the wind blew.

After an arduous ascent, we reached the summit of the mountain and looked out over the surrounding land.
The sun peeked through the dark grey clouds and illuminated patches of grass and trees far below.
It really was a beautiful sight, and I was glad to be spending my Shabbat morning on a mountain top.

It may have been physically strenuous to reach the top, but I find such great rest in that.

photo by Mitch (Sprinting Moose) Pinion
I may not be with my Starbucks family too much longer, but I hope they continue to make time for these types of outings with each other.

And speaking of my Starbucks family, this is a little project I've been working on over the past several weeks.  Again, thanks to my lovely Anna for presenting me with the awesome camera that took these shots and allowed me to put this video together.  And thanks to my fellow partners for allowing me to get in their face and photograph them.

Hope you guys enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I love this video!!! Great music selection. 17 more days and you will be on the AT! I miss you already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micah... I also love your comment about finding rest in something so physically strenuous. When it comes to a personal relationship between the Creator and his creation...I think there is "rest" at both ends of the spectrum. I love God and I appreciate His plan for your life. Your heart is His and He will continue to lead you on this wonderful path of Life and Adventure!

    ReplyDelete