Monday, October 21, 2013

Farewells & Gunshots

It's currently 6am, dark with a bright moon, and I'm about to attempt the longest hitchhike in my life... about 70 miles. Just one of the final steps in reaching the northern terminus of the Long Trail. 

This morning, I arrived at the Burlington Greyhound station, my final bus stop of my 24+ hour journey. Atlanta, Charlotte, Richmond, Newwark, New York, Boston, and finally Burlington... leaving me approximately 70 miles from the trailhead.

Riding Greyhound has been a fascinating experience. This journey definitely began in Atlanta, with farewells and gunshots. Haha (but really...)

The road goes on!


2 comments:

  1. Happy to hear that your bus trip went well and that you have arrived safely in Vermont. Hoping and praying that the hitch hiking up to the trail head is successful as well. God bless you and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long do you plan on taking to hike the entire trail?

    ReplyDelete