Sunday, September 23, 2012

Readjust

One of the most common questions I have received since being back from the Trail has been, "So, how are you readjusting back into society?"

"Good, I guess," I usually tell them.  It was a little strange (and awesome) at first being back in the familiar settings with all the luxuries surrounding us.  It did not take long to become comfortable again having access to every kind of food you could possibly imagine or crave.

But I'm kidding myself.  It's not "good, I guess."

There's nothing I want more than to be back in this moment.

















6 comments:

  1. I completely understand and I am proud of you.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd hug you now if I could. You're adjusting to re-entering society; I'm adjusting to living in a new place, buying all my own groceries, paying a real rent, figuring out a new job, etc... but it's a good adjustment. :) I know the Lord will strengthen you. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool...literally! A taste of heaven. I pray you will have more tastes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and so I watch the montage video again as I do nearly every day. Yeah, heaven. Get there again as soon as you can. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be easy to say, "I understand," but I know that I do not. Each of us experiences multiple adjustments and "readjustments" throughout life, but until we have experienced what you & Anna have, we can only imagine. So I imagine what that must feel like, Micah, and I hear the longing in your words. I am so glad you two experienced what you did, lived what you lived, loved as you loved. Facsimiles, while pale in comparison to the reality you two encountered, may help soothe the heartaches. Red Top and Kennesaw - although they are certainly not Mt. Washington or Mt. Katahdin - may be a balm for wounds our society produce. We love you and respect you so much. Chazak, my friend.

    ReplyDelete